Eric Verdult combines legal knowledge of construction and procurement law with a very varied technical background. He is also specialized in visualizing complex information. Before moving to the legal profession, Eric worked as a journalist for technology journals and as a developer of visualisations for companies and governments. Even then, he was interested in sectors such as construction, infrastructure, transport and energy. He worked for both contractors (for example, the visualization of the Noord/Zuidlijn under Amsterdam CS or for project planning for large tenders for Boskalis and VolkerWessels) and clients (for example, the operation of the Noord/Zuidlijn tunnel drill machine for the municipality of Amsterdam or the construction phase of infrastructure projects from Leeuwarden Vrij-Baan for the Province of Friesland). As a lawyer, knowledge and experience are very useful when analyzing and understanding the full implications of complex construction projects.
- Leiden University, Bachelor Dutch Law and Master Civil Law cum laude
- Delft University of Technology, Ph. D Mechanical engineering cum laude (Biomedical Engineering)
- Delft University of Technology, M.Sc. Mechanical engineering cum laude (Dredging technology)
- Author of approximately 120 popular scientific publications in Dutch technology journals
- Author of the book “Ingenious, the most beautiful technical illustrations”
- Inventor of a steerable bone drill for spinal surgery (Dutch patent granted)