Article 1 Definitions
In our corporate complaints procedure, the following terms are defined as stated below:
- complaint: every written expression of dissatisfaction from or on behalf of the client towards the lawyer or the persons who fall under his responsibility about the conclusion and execution of a contract for services, the quality of the service provided or the extent of the fee note, not being a complaint within the meaning of paragraph 4 of the Counsel Act (Advocatenwet);
- complainant: the client or his representative who expresses a complaint;
- complaints officer: the lawyer charged with processing the complaint.
Article 2 Area of Application
- This corporate complaints procedure applies to every contract for services between Croon advocaten N.V. and the client.
- Every lawyer of Croon advocaten N.V. processes a complaint in accordance with the corporate complaints procedure.
Article 3 Objectives
This corporate complaints procedure serves:
- to document a procedure to process complaints from clients constructively within a reasonable period of time;
- to document a procedure to establish the causes of complaints from clients;
- to maintain and improve existing relationships by means of an effective complaints procedure;
- to train employees in responding to complaints in a customer-oriented manner;
- to improve the quality of the service provision by means of complaints procedure and complaints analysis.
Article 4 Information upon Start of Service Provision
- This corporate complaints procedure has been made public. Before entering into the contract for services, the lawyer makes the client aware of the fact that the firm applies a corporate complaints procedure and that this procedure applies to the service provision.
- In its general terms and conditions, Croon advocaten N.V. explains to which independent party or organisation a complaint that has not been resolved after being processed can be submitted so as to obtain a binding decision and it has announced this upon its confirmation of instruction.
- Complaints within the meaning of article 1 of this corporate complaints procedure that have not been resolved after having been processed will be submitted to the competent court.
Article 5 Internal Complaints Procedure
- If a client approaches the firm with a complaint, the complaint is forwarded to Birgit Le Haen, who acts as complaints officer.
- The complaints officer notifies the person against whom the complaint is made of the fact that a complaint has been submitted and gives the complainant and the person against whom a complaint is made the opportunity to provide information about the complaint.
- The person against whom the complaint is made and the client will try and come to a solution, with or without the intervention from the complaints officer.
- The complaints officers processes the complaint within four weeks of receiving it or notifies the complainant of a deviation from this term, stating the reasons, giving a term within which an opinion on the complaint will be given.
- The complaints officer notifies the complainant and the person against whom the complaint is made of the merits of the complaint, accompanied by recommendations or otherwise.
- If the complaint is processed satisfactorily, the complainant, the complaints officer and the person against whom the complaint is made sign the opinion about the merits of the complaint.
Article 6 Secrecy and Free Complaints Processing
- The complaints officer and the person against whom a complaint is made observe secrecy whilst the complaint is being processed.
- The complainant does not have to pay for the complaints processing procedure.
Article 7 Responsibilities
- The complaints officer is responsible for processing the complaint promptly.
- The person against whom a complaint is made keeps the complaints officer informed on any contact and a possible solution.
- The complaints officer keeps the complainant informed on the processing of the complaint.
- The complaints officer keeps a complaints file.
Article 8 Complaints Registration
- The complaints officer logs the complaint and the subject of the complaint.
- A complaint can be grouped into several subjects.
- The complaints officer regularly reports about complaints processing and makes recommendations about preventing new complaints from being made, as well as to improve procedures.
- At least once a year, the reports and recommendations are discussed at the firm and submitted to be decided on.